The abdominal area is one of the parts of the body that most worries many people, since it is one of the areas that accumulates fat most quickly. Many are those who yearn to have a flat abdomen, something that is not easy to achieve since this area opposes great resistance when it comes to eliminating the fat deposited in it.
Despite them, there are different activities and exercises to tone the abdomen that you can carry out to achieve your goal. However, you must differentiate between those that are designed to tighten the abdomen and those that really work when it comes to eliminating flaccidity at the same time that they tone it up.
Foods to lose weight and tone the abdomen
If you want to know how to tone your abdomen, over the next few lines we are going to explain and detail different exercises that you can do to achieve your goal, but not without first making a small point about eating.
In order to tone the abdomen and lose weight in the abdominal area, it is very important that in addition to all the fitness activities that you can carry out, that you maintain a good diet. In fact, diet is more important than exercise itself.
Starting from this base, before detailing the different exercises that you can do to achieve a flat and toned abdomen, we are going to summarize the main foods that can help you achieve your goal:
- Nuts: Nuts are perfect to eat between meals if you have an appetite and can help you lose weight in the abdomen area.
- Quinoa: Quinoa is a very complete food that is rich in protein, magnesium, zinc, potassium and vitamins, among others, in addition to having a satiating effect that promotes weight loss.
- Eliminate trans fats: You should eliminate unsaturated fats that are bad for your health from your diet.
- Fruit: Fruits such as avocado or pineapple are perfect for trying to lose weight in the abdomen thanks to their high amount of fiber, nutrients and vitamins.
- Healthy breakfast: It is important that at breakfast, one of the most important meals of the day, you eat healthy. It is advisable to opt for foods such as oatmeal cereals, which, among other benefits, help to lose weight.
Instructions to tone the abdomen
Next we are going to indicate the instructions that you must follow to do some exercises that are highly recommended to tone the abdomen:
This is one of the simplest exercises to achieve a flat abdomen, having to flex and extend the legs towards the chest.
- First of all, you must raise one leg to the pectoral area by bending your knee, doing the movement slowly and trying to force the abdomen to make an effort.
- Then change legs and continue with the moment without rest, doing the exercise continuously for two minutes.
- To adopt a better posture, keep your arms extended. This will favor the work in the abdomen area.
Straight Leg Raise
- Position yourself with your body lying on a mat, assume the starting position and keep in mind that you cannot use your hands to support yourself.
- First of all, you must lift your back off the ground and lift both legs slowly.
- The position you should adopt is to be semi-sitting, just enough to be able to hold yourself. When raising your legs, try to force your abdomen to maintain your balance.
- Hold the position for 12 seconds and rest for 3-5 seconds. Do a total of five reps.
The abdominal plank exercise is one of the preferred and most common by many people to help tone the abdomen effectively and quickly. In addition, this exercise has the advantage that it also serves to strengthen other muscles.
- First of all, you must lie on your stomach and raise your body by supporting your forearms and with the tips of your feet on the ground, always keeping your back and legs straight.
- You must remain in this position for at least 45 seconds. At first it can be difficult to achieve, but as you exercise you will see how it becomes easier for you.
The scissors exercise is ideal for toning a flaccid abdomen, it is also very easy to do and you can do it at any time, directly from the ground and following these instructions:
- You should lie on your back and with a straight posture.
- Then extend your legs and place them up, preventing them from touching the ground.
- Then you will have to perform muscle tension movements to exercise the area.
- Keep in mind that the lower you can put your legs, you will have to make a greater effort with your abdomen, so you will get better results.
When a person talks about toning the abdomen, the first thing they think of is doing sit-ups, this being the most classic but equally effective exercise to achieve this goal.
- Lie on your back on a mat and bend your knees, keeping your feet flat on the ground.
- Place your hands crossed on your chest or behind your head and when you raise your trunk, use force with your abdominal area, otherwise you will not be working this area and the exercise will not be effective.
- You must perform as many as you can in a time of one minute.
- To perform this exercise, you must start with a position identical to that of the classic planks. You should start by lying on your stomach and supporting your weight on your forearms and the balls of your feet.
- Then you must change position with your arms, going to support yourself with the palms of your hands.
- You must also make a movement of elevation and descent of the body, making the abdomen the one that works when doing it.
- Always keep your abdomen and back straight for best results.
To finalize our list of recommendations, it is worth mentioning the Spiderman iron, one of the most practiced but also one of the most demanding.
- Get down on a mat and push yourself up on your forearms and the balls of your feet.
- Then bring your elbows up to your body until you are in a straight line.
- Slowly bring one of your knees toward your elbow on the same side and then slowly bring it back into place.
- Then repeat the action with the other leg and alternate between them.
- You must do as many repetitions as possible in 45 seconds.
What do you need to tone the abdomen?
- Do physical exercises regularly
- Maintain a balanced diet