One of the great desires of a large number of people is to know how to tone legs without going to the gym, something that is perfectly possible through different exercises. This time we are going to talk about how to tone your legs, something that for many people is considered difficult to achieve but that, following the appropriate instructions, is not so complicated.
By performing the appropriate muscle-toning activities, you can achieve good results in a short space of time. However, to achieve this you will need perseverance, a good diet and regular physical activity.
In this article we are going to talk about different fitness exercises for leg toning that you can do anytime, anywhere. In fact, you can make them in your own home if you prefer.
Build muscles to shed fat
You may not know it, but you should know that building muscle mass is the best option to burn fat and tone your legs. This is because the body itself uses a large amount of energy when lifting weight, which causes a burning of calories.
After having performed a physical exercise, the body needs more energy to be able to heal the “broken” tissues during exercise. In the case of the legs, you should always exercise them, carrying out strength exercises that make the legs lose weight, take shape and tone up.
In this sense, to tone your legs you need to seek to create muscle and not burn fat.
Instructions for toning legs
Next, we are going to give you the instructions that you must follow when doing what are some of the best exercises to tone your legs:
One leg squats
- You have to take a step forward with one of your legs and extend the opposite backwards. Then bend your knees and proceed to lower your body towards the ground.
- The goal is for you to touch the ground with your extended leg backwards or as close as possible to doing so. Avoid extending your right knee in front of your toes. To return to your starting position press the right heel.
- Do three sets of 12 reps each.
It is useful for working the front of the upper legs.
- First of all, you must stand in front of the steps of a staircase or before a bench.
- Then with the right foot step on the step or bench and raise the left foot to place it next to the right.
- Then lower the right first and then the left. Always keep your back straight and the muscles in the abdomen area contracted.
- You must repeat the exercise 12 times, changing the initial leg.
It is used to work the front and back of the thighs.
- This exercise is quite simple but must be done in the proper way. Feet should be placed hip-width apart. The elbows should be bent at a 90-degree angle and the arms rotated around 45 degrees outwards. Posture is of utmost importance.
- Do two sets of fifteen jumps. Then rest for 30 seconds and start again. You should try to do it faster and faster.
This exercise is very useful to tone the legs and also helps to do the same with the arms.
This exercise has the great advantage that it combines aerobic exercise with bodybuilding. You can do it both at home and in a gym class. They are perfect for strengthening and toning the legs.
You can either use a step or a step and change the steps. At all times make sure your back is always straight.
The calf lift helps you tone the calves of your legs. You can also do it at home or anywhere else.
- You must stand up and spread your legs shoulder-width apart, keeping both your head and back straight.
- Then you should stand on your toes and try to hold on as long as possible. Then lower slowly and fully support the foot on the ground.
- After resting for a few seconds, repeat the exercise again. It is advised that you do three sets of 10 repetitions each.
The bridge exercise allows you to strengthen both your glutes and tone your legs. They can be done anywhere, whether in the gym or at home. It is also perfect for most women who want to deal with cellulite.
- First of all, you must place a mat on the floor (or blanket) and lie on your back, with your arms by your sides.
- Then bend your knees until the soles are fully supported on the ground.
- You should try to get a “straight bridge” position. Raise your pelvis toward the ceiling and try to hold it as long as you can.
What do you need to tone your legs?
- a good diet
- Be consistent in your physical exercises
Tips for toning legs
- Before doing any physical exercise, it is advisable that you investigate and learn how to do each exercise in the proper way, with the correct postures and the number of repetitions indicated to achieve the best results.
- If you have any doubts when performing any of the exercises or routines, it is best to ask a professional or your personal trainer for an opinion if you have one.
- To achieve good toning, it is important to accompany physical exercise with a good diet with foods rich in protein.